Monday, April 28, 2008

Vidal Sassoon to speak for a cause.


Vidal Sassoon to speak for a cause.

This is really an honorable man. A man of respect and his reputation and mind brought the hair styling industry to a level that continues and is imitated by all other companies. It all began here with him. I am one of the lucky ones that worked in his Beverly Hills Salon on Rodeo Drive in the 70's....Yes he was present. It really was an incredible experience and his legacy and inspiration carries today. Thank You to Vidal and his artists..especially the ones during that wonderful time in our industry. http://www.seriousbusiness.net/
This event, being held in New Orleans will be very well attended and fun,exciting,inspirational. The name Sassoon continues to create an idea and an industry trademark held my no one else in the hair dressing industry. I am eternally grateful for my own experience in the 70's with this company. The fact that I was even hired to train in the salon and apprentice one of the international directors was so scarry ( i was very yong and intimidated) and empowering. But it really did give me all I needed to continue for 30 years and to advise the younger "wanna be a hair stylist" group to follow in this pattern and educate yourself. Today the company continues to move forward but others such as Toni and Guy credit Sassoon and mimick the salon programs and the education programs in the salons and in the academy. Vidal was also the first salon to develope retail professional products lines. No one can hold a candle to the history and all hair industry and fashion moguls and icons... honor this man.

1 comment:

Lyra said...

Thank you very mush for your visit at my "chaos", and for your nice comment.

Congratulations: your blog is very interesting and I am shore that I will came back to read you very soon.

;O)

Lyra

P.S. - I already put a translator on my blog so that foreigners can read it too!